Having a large, clean and updated email list is extremely important to grow a business online, because email is still one of the best ways to reach out to your fans, followers and customers. But how do you grow your email list with subscribers who are actually interested in what you’re sending?
If your website is built on WordPress, you have plenty of options to choose from when it comes to highly-effective plug-ins designed to boost engagement and increase lead captures. From content hooks to pop-ups to viral takeaways, it’s important to get creative and test various available options to find the best conversion rates for your business.
Most of these tools include a free or freemium plan to get started. Check them out and start growing your email list like a pro today.
1. LeadPages. Turn your next idea into a published landing page in fewer than five minutes with LeadPages. They have engineered one of the simplest landing page builders in the industry, so you can create, edit and deploy your next high-converting page without touching a single line of code. Get LeadPages if you are looking for an out-of-the-box solution that is easy to use.
2. Ninja Forms. This is one of the easiest to use form builders with full WordPress integration. Developer-friendly Ninja Forms makes beautiful lead generation forms that are easy to create and customize. It is completely free and comes with an abundance of settings I particularly enjoyed, allowing you to fine tune almost any part of your form.
3. SumoMe. SumoMe is a suite of tools with one goal in mind: conversion. From social share buttons to triggered pop-ups, you’ll find it all with this tool. Both free and paid versions are available. The free version features the SumoMe logo in the social media share icons, and the forms come in the most basic templates only. However, the free version still has all the bells and whistles needed to jump start building your list and getting more social shares.
4. KingSumo. This tool is designed to help you grow your email list using viral giveaways. It works on almost any WordPress site and is very customizable to fit almost any needs. AppSumo, the parent company, claims that giveaways have been the No. 1 cost-effective method they’ve used to grow their massive 700,000 email subscriber list. I’ve chosen this tool to launch our new SEO online course giveaways on Search Decoder’s blog. Right now, there is only a paid version available.
5. OptinMonster. OptinMonster converts website visitors into subscribers and customers. You can create various types of opt-in forms, such as lightbox popups, floating bars, slide-ins and more. This tool is so easy to use that you may not need any help from a developer. There are three pricing plans available that offer various levels of features and customization for website owners. If you are looking for a free solution to get your feet wet, you are better off starting out on SumoMe, as this tool doesn’t offer a free option.
6. Content Upgrades. Use this plug-in to create content upgrades, which require your readers to subscribe to your email list to access to bonus materials. I highly recommend this plug-in to turn your WordPress blog into an email list-building machine. The plug-in gives you a shortcode that you can use to create a basic text link anywhere in the text of your article. Use it on every blog post to promote a relevant e-book download with an email sign-up.
7. Thrive Leads. Using the Thrive Leads plug-in is like having your very own list-building and conversion expert, baked right into a powerful piece of software. It offers nice customization features to help you improve conversion rates.
8. OptinLinks. OptinLinks comes pre-packed with a few high-converting templates you can choose from. OptinLinks turns any link or button on your site into massively-converting, two-step opt-in forms. This technology is proven to grow conversions while building a higher-quality and responsive list.
9. PlugMatter. PlugMatter Optin Feature Box is the only list-building plug-in that allows you to create beautiful, high-converting opt-in feature boxes for your WordPress site and help you boost your email subscriptions by more than 200 percent. You can do all this without ever touching a line of code or design tools.