Here is What You Need to Know About New Foursquare to Get Started With It
The check-in app Foursquare has gone through an overhaul. It?s no longer just a way for people to know how friends are and where they have been. Now customers can also use it to review businesses they frequent and read other patrons? reviews of a business. They can also input their preferences into Foursquare to get recommendations for new places to frequent. For these reasons, your business should pay attention to Foursquare and use the app to its potential.
- If people check into your business, they can share that information on Facebook, Twitter and more. Your business name can be seen by hundreds or thousands of people in an instant.
- Foursquare lets you send notices of specials and updates to customers who have previously checked into your location. Two examples of such deals are: ?Get a free dessert with your second check-in? or ?check in with two friends and get 10 percent off any purchase.?
- You can run two Foursquare specials at the same time to see which is more effective, which allows you to sharpen your promotional messages for the future.
- Your business becomes more visible when customers leave tips and reviews, and you can create a Foursquare page for users to follow.
- The customer base is there. More than 20 million people use Foursquare, and check-ins total more than two million per day.
- Your business can create custom Foursquare badges for customers to collect and to provide incentives for them to frequent your establishment.
- You can use physical signs and other tangible objects such as window clings to promote the fact that your business has Foursquare. These items are fun to give away in free promotions. To qualify for such objects, claim your location with Foursquare through the mail.
For more information, check out our previous article about using location based services to help generate business.