Want to Generate More Leads? Use the Power of Free Stuff

generating leads. Give away free stuff. It can make growing your business easier.

Acquiring new leads is crucial to any business. The more eyeballs you have on your business, the better your chances of bringing in more customers and generating more income.

However, a lot of business owners find it difficult to generate new leads and convert them to paying customers. They simply don’t have a solid idea on what works and what doesn?t. If you are in the same situation, then you need to know that you can easily achieve this objective by giving away free stuff.

In the online world, most people expect to get things for free. A quick look in Keyword Planner will show you that people are actively looking for free books, games and blogs online. They are also looking for free music downloads, SMS, fonts and TV online.

It is interesting to note that the word free conjures a feeling that something is more valuable than it actually is and can make people talk about your business. It can also increase your chances of reaching people that are normally outside your reach. These are basically the reasons why using this tactic can bring more business to the table.

Other Benefits of Giving Away Free Stuff

  • It draws attention to your business. Free stuff can help attract attention. One study showed that booths offering free promotional items generate 176% increase in trade show traffic.
  • It makes people more willing to do business with you. One particular study showed that 52% of people who received a promotional item eventually did business with the company while the remaining 48% strongly indicated that they are willing to do business with the company in the future.
  • It can create brand awareness. Repeated exposure to a brand name and logo reinforces brand awareness and recognition. According to a survey conducted by public affairs and relations consulting firm Schreber & Associates, 39% of people who received a promotional product in the last 6 months can accurately remember the name of the company that gave it away. It can also help you reach a wider audience including those who are beyond your target boundaries. Remember, more impressions translate to more business for your company.
  • It can help your company create a positive image. Instead of spending years to develop a positive image for your company, giving away free items can help you make a more favorable impression to your target market in a shorter period of time.

Giving away something for free can be a great tool in generating leads. When done right, it can significantly improve your bottomline so keep these tips in mind and you can start harnessing its power in growing your business.