Tips to Improve Your Chances of Landing a Job
Congratulations! You?ve graduated from college and landed an internship. An internship can be a rite of passage, or it can be a stepping stone to a full-time position.? If you?re interested in turning that internship?? into a full-time position, we have a few tips for you:
- Be Friendly and Network Within the Company. No one enjoys working with an individual who focuses solely on their job and refuses to get to know their coworkers. Friendliness shows that you can be a good addition for the long-term. Interacting outside of the office helps to ensure that they remember you and provides opportunities to learn more about how your company works and of potential openings within the company.
- Keep Track of Your Accomplishments. As an intern, you?ll work on a variety of tasks. If you do something that is a resounding success or are part of a team that has a big win, keep track of that. It can prove useful when interacting with your supervisor.
- Ask for More Responsibility. Once you?ve mastered assigned tasks and are performing them well, don?t be afraid to ask for more responsibility. If you?re performing well, this shows that you aren?t afraid to work hard.
- Ask Questions. If you need clarification, don?t hesitate to ask questions. Avoid overloading your supervisor with questions that you can find the answers to with a little research, but don?t be so nervous that you don?t ask when you truly need clarification.
- Ask for Feedback and Express Your Goals. Throughout your internship, talk with your supervisors to assess your progress and get their feedback. After you?ve gotten that feedback, talk with your supervisors about your goals, and when possible, come up with a plan to get closer to those goals.