Call for Nominations
THE SEARCH IS ON. It’s time to begin the 2019 search for 25 exceptional Black women. In its 21st year, The Network Journal’s Annual 25 Influential Black Women in Business Awards honors Black women who have made significant contributions in their selected profession and their community.
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished professional or entrepreneur with a commitment to excellence and dedicated to their community. The awards are open to women who are business owners, or senior executives in the public, private, or non-profit sectors. All information provided on nominees will be kept confidential.
Winners will be featured in The Network Journal‘s Spring issue.
- Deadline for completed nominations is Friday, November 16, 2018
Eligibility and Process
- The individual must be a Black woman who exudes professionalism and is committed to providing leadership to her community. In addition, she should be:
- A business owner, partner, president, CEO, CFO, COO, CIO, Board Chair, senior or management level executive or a woman entrusted with significant decision making authority in a corporation or not-for-profit organization.
- Candidates must be nominated by another individual
- Candidates must participate in the Awards Ceremony, to be held in March of 2019 in New York City
- Awards are determined each year by the TNJ’s Awards Review Board
- The initial selection involves the review of candidate’s nomination package.
- Selected candidates are contacted along with their nominators, additional reference letters and supporting material may be requested if needed. Final selection is made through review of reference letters and accompanying documentation with final recommendation of TNJ’s Review Board
- Complete nomination form, (online nomination form or printable version)
- Submit resume and biography of nominee
- Submit a narrative statement describing the nominee’s qualifications for the award
- Submit two recommendation letters written on behalf of the nominee. The body of the letter should entail the reasons why the nominee is an extraordinary business woman and community leader and deserving of this award
3. Email or fax All nominations and supporting documents should be mailed, faxed, or e-mailed to: email@example.com, Fax: (212} 962-3537 and mailing address The Network Journal: Influential Black Women in Business Review Board 39 Broadway, Suite 2430 New York, NY 10006
For additional questions please call 212-962-3791