Accomplish your business goals more effectively with social selling.?
You have probably heard the term “social selling” being used extensively in business circles but what else do you know about it? For those who are not familiar with the term, “social selling” refers to the practice of using social media to interact directly with prospects. It is the process of providing added value by answering any questions a prospect may have and offering interesting content until the prospect is ready to make a purchase.
Thus, social selling is about building a strong personal brand and using content to tell a compelling story. It is also about establishing trust and fostering strong social connections.
Interestingly enough, experts are predicting that social selling would be the wave of the future. In fact, according to the results of a study conducted by top sales influencer Jim Keenan, 79% of sales people who are using social media as a sales tool get better results as compared to those who do not use these platforms.
Considering these facts, you may need to learn how to leverage social media to generate more leads and improve your bottom line. How do you do this? Here are some tips that can help you get started.
How to Get Started with Social Selling: Some Tips to Consider
- Listen to the conversation. Monitor several social networks to learn what is being said before you make your move. By listening to the conversation, you can learn how to identify leads, respond to what is being said and build solid sales relationships.?
- Set goals. You would not have any idea if you are succeeding if you don’t set a bar to measure what you have accomplished.?
- Do your research. You need to be prepared for sales conversations at all times. You can only do this if you take the time to gather business insights and social information on a regular basis.?
- Strategize. You need to have a clear plan on what you are going to post in your page, how to increase your connections, and how to convert them into loyal customers. Without a solid strategy in place, you will surely find it difficult to accomplish your goals.
- Watch out for who’s viewing your profile. People who view your profile are interested in your brand so it would be easier to reach out to them and make a connection.
- Follow thought leaders. You can dramatically improve your credibility and gain more connections by following and supporting thought leaders.
- Be seen as an expert. Establish yourself as an expert in your field by sharing insights you gained from working with other clients.
With the proper use of social media, you can uncover new prospects, close sales more effectively and improve your profits all at the same time.