Grow your business by sending a text message.
SMS marketing can help you achieve your business goals. By making it an integral part of your overall marketing campaign, it can help you boost your conversion rate, improve your profits and foster customer loyalty. It can also help you communicate with your existing and potential customers, and build awareness around your brand.
Some Interesting Stats on SMS Marketing
Experts agree that mobile marketing is the wave of the future. They also believe that mobile messaging provides one of the most effective direct marketing channels today. Here are some interesting facts and figures on SMS marketing that you may find interesting.
- There are 4.55 billion mobile phone users worldwide while the total number of smartphone users is expected to surpass the 1.75 billion by 2014. (eMarketer.com, January 2014)
- SMS has a 98% open rate compared with 22% for emails. (VentureBeat, May 2013)
- Text messages can be 8 times more effective in engaging customers as compared to emails. (Cellit, May 2012)
- About 70% of mobile browser searches lead to the desired action within one hour. (iAcquire, April 2013)
SMS Marketing Best Practices: The Secrets to Getting Great Results
Here are some tips that you may want to consider if you want to improve the results you get from SMS marketing.
- Send the right message to the right audience. Segmentation and targeting plays a vital result in getting the kind of results that you need. For best results, make sure you send the most relevant information to your target audience.
- Get your timing right. Send SMS messages at the most appropriate time. If you want to achieve great results, make timely offers or send an SMS message after a customer buys a related product. For example, if you are in the restaurant business, you may inform your patrons about a special dine-in offer as they leave work to increase your conversion rates. Experiment with your timing and you can learn the best time to contact your audience.
- Create a sense of urgency. Special offers and promos that get right to the point and have definite expiration dates produce better results.
- Use SMS as a feedback tool. You can get valuable information about your target demographics by sending a steady stream of text messages staggered over a few hours. People are more likely to give you the information that you need since it only requires a little effort on their part.
- Respect your customers. Don’t spam. Remember, sending marketing text messages to your customers is a privilege, not a right. Give them the respect they deserve and you will be rewarded accordingly.