Understand the science of selling to improve your profits.
You may not realize it but selling plays a crucial role in your career. Your ability to sell a product, a service or an idea to your customers and investors can help determine the difference between the success and failure of your business. Your ability to sell your skills and qualifications to an employer can likewise determine whether or not you will achieve your career goals.
Unfortunately, however, a lot of people do not have the slightest idea on what works and what doesn’t. Worse, some people cringe at the mere thought of selling (probably because selling earned a bad rep in recent years). Well, this shouldn’t be the case. If you understand and master the science of selling, it can help you improve your profits. If you don’t know how to get started, here are some tips that can help put you in the right track.
Improve Your Profits with the Science of Selling
- Always start on a positive note. Don’t start a pitch or a sales meeting on a negative note. If you want to get off on the right foot and accomplish your objectives, you should always begin with a bang. So, instead of complaining about the traffic or the weather, talk about something that can lift the moods of everyone around you.
- Avoid sabotaging yourself. Don’t speak ill of your competitors since it may ultimately backfire on you. Research revealed that whenever you speak ill of someone, people will automatically associate those traits with you (spontaneous trait transference).
- Use positive labels. Several studies prove that people who are given positive labels tend to live up to their name. So, when you tell someone that he or she is your best customer, there is a great probability that the person will actually want to be one. Needless to say, this can do wonders for your business.
- Use the power of body language. Numerous studies reveal that non-verbal communication plays a significant role in improving your sales performance. In fact, when used correctly, it can increase your sales by up to 56%.
- End on a positive note. Ending your pitch on a positive note allows your prospects to perceive the whole experience to be more pleasant than it actually is so don’t hesitate to give them a final perk or offer an honest compliment before they leave.
You can significantly improve your profits by understanding and applying the science of selling so start following these tips and see the difference!