Promoting your infographics can be good for your business. Here’s how you can do it right.
Infographics are more than pretty pictures. They serve to educate people in a clear, interesting and entertaining manner without taking too much of their time.
What are Infographics?
Infographics are defined as “graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly”. So, instead of using large amounts of texts, infographics use visual representations (charts, graphs, maps and visual stories) to convey information and engage readers. Considering the fact that most of us have short attention spans and that about 90% of all the information we remember is based on visual impact, using them as a tool to promote your business can prove to be very effective.
Benefits of Using Infographics
Due to the nature of infographics, using them to promote your business can help you accomplish the following:
- Engage your readers. People love gaining information, especially if it has a compelling visual appeal.
- Boost your credibility. By creating useful and interesting infographics, you can showcase your knowledge on a certain topic and establish yourself as an expert in your niche.
- Increase your traffic. Good infographics have the potential to go viral. People love sharing fun and engaging information on their blogs and/or social networks.
- Increase brand awareness. Embedding your business logo on your infographics can help you gain free publicity for your brand.
- Improve your SEO rankings. The more your readers share your infographics, the more backlinks you gain and the more authoritative your site becomes in the eyes of the search engines.
Promoting Your Infographic
Now that you know how effective infographics can be in taking your business to the next level, you need to know how you can effectively get them in front of your target audience. Due to the amount of noise in the internet space, this can be a very challenging task but you can increase your chances with the following tips:
- Optimize your infographics. Perform keyword research before designing your infographics. Include your primary keyword in the title and use relevant keywords for the tags that you will be using.
- Promote it on all major social media networks. Don’t forget to tweet about it and share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Flickr and Instagram.
- Make it shareable. Provide an HTML embed code to make it easy for people to share your infographics. You should likewise encourage people to share it by including social sharing buttons and a compelling call-to-action.
- Translate it. You can increase the viral nature of your infographics by translating it to other languages. This can be especially helpful if you are serving non-English markets as well.
- Submit it to directories and content curation sites. Try submitting your infographics to some of the top infographics submission sites such as Visual.ly, Daily Infographic and Visual Loop and content curation sites such as Scoop.it, Digg, Reddit and Delicio.us, to name a few.
Creating and promoting your infographics can give your business the boost it needs to produce amazing results. Try it and be pleasantly surprised with the results.