The Network Journal’s Annual 25 Influential Black Women in Business Awards honors Black women who have made significant contributions in their selected profession and their community.
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished professional or entrepreneur with a commitment to excellence and dedicated to their community. The awards are open to women who are business owners, or senior executives in the public, private, or non-profit sectors. All information provided on nominees will be kept confidential.
Winners are featured in The Network Journal‘s Spring issue of every year.
Eligibility and Process
- The individual must be a Black woman who exudes professionalism and is committed to providing leadership to her community. In addition, she should be:
- A business owner, partner, president, CEO, CFO, COO, CIO, Board Chair, senior or management level executive or a woman entrusted with significant decision making authority in a corporation or not-for-profit organization.
- Candidates must be nominated by another individual
- Candidates must participate in the Awards Ceremony held every year in March in New York City
- Awards are determined each year by TNJ’s Awards Review Board
- The initial selection involves the review of candidate’s nomination package.
- Selected candidates are contacted along with their nominators. Additional reference letters and supporting material may be requested if needed. Final selection is made through a review of reference letters and accompanying documentation with final recommendation of TNJ’s Review Board
- Complete nomination form, (online nomination form or printable version)
- Submit resume and biography of nominee
- Submit a narrative statement describing the nominee’s qualifications for the award
- Submit two recommendation letters written on behalf of the nominee. The body of the letter should entail the reasons why the nominee is an extraordinary business woman and community leader and deserving of this award
Nominations form and supporting documents should be to e-mailed to: email@example.com, or mailed to: The Network Journal, 25 Influential Black Women in Business Review Board, 39 Broadway, Suite 2430 New York, NY 10006
For additional questions please call 212-962-3791