Interactive One Shatters Industry Records, Realizing 7.7 Million Unique Visitors in January 2012
The company's new products and focus on mobile traffic contributed to its dominance in the African-American digital space
NEW YORK, Feb. 8, 2012
NEW YORK, Feb. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ –? Interactive One, the largest digital media company serving Black Americans, has reached a record-breaking number of Black Americans with 7.7 million unique visitors according to Omniture SiteCatalyst, January 2012.? This number reflects 22 percent growth since January 2011 and is significantly higher than the company's previous record-breaking month of May 2011 when unique visitors reached 7.2 million.
The company's diverse portfolio?contributed to this historical success in January 2012:
- NewsOne.com, the premiere online destination for up-to-the-minute, comprehensive news coverage relevant to African Americans, increased its unique visitors by 21 percent since January 2011, having reached 1.5 million unique visitors.
- HelloBeautiful.com, the definitive lifestyle website for Black women, reached 1.6 million unique visitors, an increase of 14 percent year-over-year.
- TheUrbanDaily.com, Interactive One's pop culture property, increased its unique visitors by 16 percent, having?reached 1.6 million unique visitors.
- Elev8.com, a site devoted to elevating the mind, body and spirit, reached 276,000 unique visitors, an increase of 22 percent since January 2011.
- Radio One stations' digital radio sites reached a total of 2.2 million unique visitors, an increase of 17 percent year-over-year.
BlackPlanet Radio, Interactive One's newest property launched in November 2011, reached 47,000 unique visitors in January.? That number is two-and-a-half times greater than its total for December 2011. Also notable is the company's impressive mobile visitor numbers that place it well ahead of competitors. Interactive One's editorial sites had a total of 2.1 million unique mobile users in January 2012.
"Closing out an impressive 2011 with record numbers and new products, we are thrilled to kick off the New Year with an unprecedented digital footprint thanks to growth across our entire portfolio of brands," said Tom Newman, President, Interactive One.? "That Interactive One is reaching more Black Americans than ever before is a signal to us and our advertising partners that our products and websites are resonating in ever more significant ways."
ABOUT INTERACTIVE ONE
Interactive One has more than 15 million members and reaches millions of Black Americans each month. With approximately 3 billion annual page views on its suite of sites, the company has become the definitive social network for Black America through BlackPlanet (www.BlackPlanet.com), as well as a number of leading content sites.? These sites include: NewsOne (www.NewsOne.com), which provides up to the minute, comprehensive coverage of newsworthy events relevant to Black Americans across the country and the world; TheUrbanDaily (www.TheUrbanDaily.com), the eyes and ears for Black Americans looking for what's hot online, on the airwaves, in theaters, and on the street; HelloBeautiful (www.HelloBeautiful.com), the definitive lifestyle resource for today's Black woman; Elev8 (www.Elev8.com) a site devoted to elevating the mind, body and spirit; and introducing BlackPlanet Radio (www.BlackPlanetRadio.com) the the digital industry's first social radio website created for African American community.?
Interactive One was launched by Radio One in 2008 to complement Radio One's existing portfolio of media companies targeting the African American community. Since its launch, Interactive One has quickly become the #1 online platform for the African American community.? Interactive One is powered by the mission to create an online community that engages and positively impacts the lives of African Americans.
SOURCE Interactive One