Be the best version of yourself. Use coconut oil.
Coconut oil can be used for virtually everything. You can use for cooking since it works great for stir frying and baking, and is an excellent replacement for butter. You can also use it as a health supplement since numerous studies show that it can help strengthen the immune, digestive and skeletal systems, boost your energy level and prevent inflammation and infections. Research also reveals that coconut oil can help prevent diabetes as well as diseases of the liver, kidney and gallbladder.?
On top of it all, coconut oil also works as an excellent natural beauty aid. Here are some ways by which it can help bring out the best in you.
- Coconut oil works great as a beauty scrub. Coconut oil can be used as a base for your homemade body scrub. Simply mix it with a natural exfoliant (such as granulated sugar, sea salt and/or baking soda) and you will instantly have luxuriously soft and smooth skin all over. You can also add a touch of citrus fruit zest or essential oil to make it smell even better and make you feel fresher and more energized throughout the day.
- You can use it to take care of your lips. Applying coconut oil to your lips before bedtime can give your lips the extra hydration it needs to keep it soft, smooth and flake-free. Add one tablespoon of beeswax and one tablespoon of red palm oil or olive oil to one tablespoon of coconut oil for an excellent homemade lip balm.
- It can be used it to treat acne. Coconut oil has excellent antibacterial properties so you can simply apply it to the affected areas, leave it on for at least 15 minutes and wash it off with warm water. This can help combat the redness and irritation, and help treat the inflammation. Since coconut oil acts as a moisturizer and an anti-inflammatory agent, you can also use it to soothe sunburns and treat eczema.
- It can help prevent wrinkles. Apply coconut oil on the area around your eyes and under your eye bags to minimize the appearance of wrinkles.
- It can be great for your hair. Coconut oil contains fatty acids that can help soften the strands of your hair. To give your hair some much needed TLC, simply mix one tablespoon of organic coconut oil with one tablespoon of raw honey and leave it on your hair for 40 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. You can also use it to prevent the ends of your hair from drying up, and to prevent frizz and flyaways.
Coconut oil can help bring out the best in you so use it and you will surely be amazed with the results.