Dropbox allows you to store and access data and graphics, no matter how large the file.
If you run a small business, you need a way to store and access data and graphics. ?If you haven?t had the time (or money) to establish a corporate email account, Dropbox could be the solution for you!
What is Dropbox?
Dropbox is a free service that allows you to store documents, photos, and videos, as well as easily share them. ?You set it up by creating a special folder on your computer. ?Dropbox then synchronizes that folder so that it appears to be the same folder, with the same contents, no matter which computer you use to view it.?
Dropbox was founded in 2007 by two MIT students, Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi. ?Houston came up with the idea after constantly forgetting his USB flash drive. ?He was also dissatisfied with data storage services that ?suffered problems with Internet latency, large files, bugs, or just made me think too much.” ?He started to make a solution for himself and realized that others with the same problem could benefit from it. ??
Why is it so Convenient?
Some of the advantages of this file hosting service are:
- You can store and access large files that other systems can?t accommodate
- Shared folders allow people to work together on the same documents and projects
- You can instantly see the changes other people have made to a document or graphic
- Any changes can be undone, even if a file has been deleted
- You can create photo galleries that are available to anyone you choose
- The files you put in Dropbox are saved to your computers and phones, as well as the Dropbox website
- It works with Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry, so you can easily work while you?re on the go
- It works offline, so you can access your files without an Internet connection
- You can manually set bandwidth limits so that Dropbox doesn?t monopolize your Internet connection
- You can establish an account worth 2GB for free; paid subscriptions for up to 100GB of storage are available
Ah, the marvels of technology! ?Dropbox has been praised for its simple design and ease of use. ?It?s now used by over 50 million people and has become so popular that it?s pre-loaded on various devices, such as the Samsung Galaxy S3. ?As the fifth most valuable web startup (after Facebook, Twitter, Zynga and Groupon), it is also incredibly convenient for many small businesses. ?Try it today and let it make your business life easier!
Have you used Dropbox in your business? ?What benefits have you reaped? ?We?d love to hear you comments! ?Please use the field below.