Every year in June, we busily prepare for our popular signature event, The Network Journal’s 40 Under Forty Achievement Awards. It is the time of year that we honor 40 of the country’s top Black go-getters, and this year is no different. In keeping with this 17-year tradition, we’ve brought together an eclectic mix of doctors, lawyers, music & marketing executives, financial analysts and of course, entrepreneurs, to celebrate and toast to success. We love their energy, and we admire their tenacity and innovation.
“As we celebrate the 17th consecutive year of our 40 Under Forty Achievement Awards, TNJ cherishes its role as a facilitator for our up-and-coming African-American men and women to progress even further in their careers. Through events such as our recognition awards program, TNJ brings these accomplished professionals and entrepreneurs to the attention of our vast network of corporate affiliations,” says Aziz Gueye Adetimirin, TNJ’s founder, publisher and CEO.
Below are our 2014 honorees, representing the future:
• Nicole A. Bell, MD; Partner Physician of Private OB/GYN Practice, Women for Women Ob/Gyn LLC
• Jonathan S. Clark; Senior Manager, Business Development, G.W. Peoples Contracting Co., Inc.
• Kristen Clarke; Chief, Civil Rights Bureau, New York State Attorney General’s Office
• Mandell Crawley; Managing Director, Head of National Business Development, Morgan Stanley
• Sivonne Davis; Assistant Vice President, Marketing, SoftSheen‐Carson, A Division of L’Oreal USA
• Carole Gardner Diarra; Vice President of Marketing, Garnier Skincare
• Tai A. Dixon, Esq.; Managing Director, National Talent Recruitment, Teach For America
• Rachel Dunbar, Ph.D.; Assistant Professor of Education, Alabama A & M University
• Paula T. Edgar, Esq.; Chief Diversity Officer and Admissions Specialist, New York Law School
• Nia Evans; General Manager, General Electric Company/GE Capital
• Victoria D. Fleary; Director of Interactive, WBLS / WLIB – Emmis Communications Corp
• Antonia Floyd; Global Marketing Manager, The Estée Lauder Companies
• Tanesha Francis, DMD; Board Certified Pediatric Dentist, Park Slope Kids Dental Care
• Jamilah Fraser; Assistant Vice President of Communications and Public Relations, Medgar Evers College-CUNY
• Precious Murchison Gittens; Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig LLP
• Charles E. Harris, II, Esq.; Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
• Sonia A. Henry, MD; Assistant Director of Echocardiography, North Shore LIJ Health System
• Janelle Lester; Chief Compliance Officer, Forex Capital Markets, LLC
• Jason Lewis; Chief Executive Officer, AryMing Asset Funding
• Janina Lundy; Senior Vice President, Branded Entertainment and Experiential, GlobalHue
• Karesha A. McGee; Global Marketing and Corporate Communications, Cisco Systems
• Mike Muse; Chief Executive Officer, Muse Recordings
• Anita Ogbara; Director, Corporate Ratings, Standard & Poor’s, McGraw Hill Financial
• Uzoamaka N. Okoye, Esq.; Associate, Gibbons P.C.
• Justina Omokhua; Vice President, Strategy, Erwin Penland
• David Yaw Barima Osei; Co-founder, Dropifi Limited
• Ryan Patrick Parker; Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
• Errol Pierre; Assistant Vice President, Product Management, Healthfirst
• Candace L. Randle; Director, Corporate Communications and Public Affairs, The RLJ Companies
• Tennille M. Robinson; Senior Content and Event Producer, Inc. Magazine
• Jonathan Rogers; Executive MS Sales Specialist, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
• Victor R. Scott, II; Corporate Director of Government Relations, Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc.
• Tunisia L. Staten, Esq.; Senior Associate Counsel, Aflac
• Jana L. Taylor, Esq.; Associate General Counsel, Radio One, Inc.
• James Thomas; Corporate Diversity Affairs Director, Nordstrom
• Brannigan C. Thompson; Senior Vice President, Head of Organization, Leadership and Talent Development, Voya Financial
• Natika Washington; Director of Global Programs, Secretary’s Office of Global Women’s Issues, U.S. Department of State
• Tennille Williams; Executive Director of Quality Assurance Northtec LLC, The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
• Valerie Williams; Communications Consultant, Public Relations Lead for African American and LGBT Segments, Wells Fargo
• Amy Wollensack; Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
The dinner will be held on Thursday, June 12, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Times Square, 1605 Broadway (at 49th Street), from 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Tickets are $350 at the door.
About The Network Journal:
Founded in 1993, The Network Journal (TNJ) is the premier quarterly magazine for Black professionals, corporate executives and small-business owners. Engaging more than 98,325 readers, TNJ is dedicated to connecting, empowering and inspiring this market segment by providing news and commentary on issues that affect the growth of businesses and the advancement of professionals in the workplace. Along with featuring successful entrepreneurs and professionals who offer insights on business and career-building strategies, TNJ highlights trends in key industries, providing information on resources and opportunities at the corporate, government, and not-for-profit levels. Each issue also includes articles on finance and economy, career, management, health and fitness, technology, global business, Africa, and book reviews, as well as a calendar of events.