Start a simple detox program at home and live a healthier life.
Most of us put a lot of effort into looking good. We try our best to maintain good physical and oral hygiene, and use products that can help us look our best. However, it is sad to note that a lot of us fail to recognize that we need to pay particular attention to what is going on inside our bodies as well. You may not realize it yet but getting rid of toxic substances inside your body can actually make you feel a lot healthier, make you look better and help you live a longer and fuller life.
What is detoxification?
In a nutshell, detoxification refers to the process of eliminating toxins inside the body. We all know that toxins can be found anywhere. There are harmful substances in the air you breathe, in the foods you eat and in the medications you take. When these toxins accumulate inside your body, you may start experiencing a variety of symptoms which may include any of the following:
- Unexplained headaches, body aches and pains
- Mental and emotional problems
- Unexplained weight gain and the inability to lose weight
- Digestive problems (indigestion, constipation)
- Frequent allergies
- Hormonal imbalances
- Stress and sleeplessness
- Lack of energy and fatigue
When you start experiencing any two of these symptoms, it is about time you consider detoxifying your body.??????
Simple Home Detox Treatments
Here are some simple and budget-friendly ways that can serve as good starting points if you want to start your own Detox regime.
- Drink lemon water. Add lemon to your drinking water and use it all throughout the day. Its citric acid content will help break down fat molecules. You should also consider starting your day by drinking lemon juice in hot water with a dash of cayenne pepper to help the liver release toxins.
- Go for unsweetened cranberry juice. Adding a tablespoon of unsweetened cranberry juice to a glass of water can help cleanse the kidney.
- Try the Apple Detox diet. Eat nothing but six early ripening apples per day for three to four days. For best results, go for organically grown apples.
- Take a detox bath. You may want to consider adding Epsom salts, vinegar, ginger or sesame oil into your bath water to help your body release unwanted toxins.
- Try a mustard foot soak. Add a tablespoon of powdered mustard into a basin filled with hot water and soak your feet for about a half hour. This will open the pores of your feet and draw toxins out.
Try these simple home detox treatments and feel the difference they can make.