The importance of content marketing simply cannot be denied. Recent studies show that an overwhelming majority (98%) of all consumers find custom content useful and that 70% prefer to get information about a company through personalized content rather than paid advertisements. Add these to the fact that about 60% of these people are actually looking for products and/or services as they read relevant articles and you have one great reason why you need to pay special attention to your content marketing strategies.
However, you need to know that there is more to content marketing than just creating and distributing articles, videos, blog posts, white papers and infographics. You need to have an effective social media marketing strategy in place to get the most out of your efforts. Thus, you need to define your goals, identify which platforms will best suit your needs, be in the know about recent updates in your industry, develop relationships with all the relevant people, track your results and then maintain the process to be effective for your online presence.
Tips to Get the Most from Your Social Media Engagement
Whether you’re using Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or any other social media platform, there are several ways by which you can develop and strengthen relationships with all the relevant people in your niche. Here are some ideas that can help you achieve your goals:
- Start a tweet chat or participate in one. A tweet chat is an interactive Twitter discussion that takes place at a specific time using a predefined hashtag (#). Whether you are participating in a structured tweet chat or in a free flowing discussion, doing so can help you get together with people who share your interests and increase your Klout score or your ability to create change and influence behavior in the online world.
- Be on the top influencers’ radar. Mentioning and retweeting the most influential people’s content on a regular basis can get you on their radar. For all you know, these people may actually do the same for you.
- Take it to the next level. Initiating a tweet up or meeting someone face-to-face can be a great way to take your business relationship to the next level.
- Send your message to the right people. Increase your chances of getting your message to the right people by targeting niche groups.
- Use call-to-actions. Ask your followers to like your post or share it with their own network to be exposed to a greater audience.
- Ask questions. Initiate useful discussions by asking the right questions.
- Upload photos. Increase your chances of gaining new followers by posting photos of people who attended your events, and attempting to tag them or someone who may know them. Some of these people may just like your page in return.
- Tag your photos. Let people discover your photos and give your followers the ability to monitor any new content by using the appropriate tags.
- Add relevant text. For best results, consider using inspirational quotes or funny lines along with your photos to attract attention to your already flawless images.
Without a doubt, using the right social media strategy and implementing these simple tips can help you get the most from your social media engagement and boost your content marketing efforts.