Is the iPhone 6s the best smartphone in the market?
For Apple lovers, the long wait is finally over. After months of rumors, the next generation iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s were finally revealed during Apple’s big press conference in September. Now, a lot of people are asking themselves whether or not they should upgrade their current smartphones and buy the new iPhone 6s. If you need some advice to help you make up your mind, here are some things that you may need to consider.
The Best Things About the New iPhone 6s
Taking all things into consideration, iPhone 6s is the best iPhone Apple has ever made. While it may look like its predecessor, the 6s beats the iPhone 6 and all the other smartphones on the market in almost all aspects where performance is concerned. Here are some of its most exciting features:
- 3D Touch. iPhone 6s recognizes three levels of touch pressure. This allows users to perform different actions depending on the amount of pressure applied. For example, pressing lightly at an app allows users to take a peek at whatever it leads to while applying a firmer pressure will open up the app in a new window. You may need to familiarize yourself with a few standard options but you will surely love it once you get the hang of it.
- Improved performance. The iPhone 6s and 6s Plus both have 2GB of RAM and are powered by Apple’s A9 processor which is 70% faster than the iPhone 6’s A8 processor.
- Better camera. The new iPhone features a 12 megapixel rear camera and a 5 megapixel front-facing camera which promises better optics and the ability to record 4K videos. The camera also includes a flash feature to help you take better pictures in low lighting conditions. In addition, it allows users to take live photos.
- Unique Hey Siri feature. While this feature is not entirely new, the iPhone 6s Hey Siri features a new setting that allows users to access it even while the screen display is off.
- New Touch ID. The new iPhone also features a brand new Touch ID sensor that is twice as fast as the scanner in the iPhone 6.
What’s Wrong with the iPhone 6s?
To date, there has never been a perfect smartphone. In fact, even the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus have their own share of flaws. Here are some of them:
- Battery life. The iPhone 6s may be on top of its league but it falls a little short when it comes to battery life.
- The antenna lines on the back. Some people are not impressed with the antenna lines in the back of the iPhone since they do not fit in with the design aesthetics.
However, for Apple lovers, these minor flaws are hardly a deal-breaker and will not affect their decision to buy the new iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.