There are apps that can help you get smarter.
Numerous studies prove that the mind plays a vital role in achieving success. A growing body of evidence also suggests that your thoughts and affirmations can affect your attitude, behavior and actions, and may even pave the way to your success.
However, for all of these to happen, you need to keep your mind active and free from stress. Thankfully, there are a number of apps that can help you improve your memory, enhance your IQ and other cognitive skills, and allow you to exercise a better control over your emotional state. Here are some of the best apps designed to help train your brain.
- Lumosity. This popular app enhances your cognitive abilities by providing brain training mini-games that are fun and challenging at the same time. By simply playing a few minutes per day, Lumosity can help improve your memory, attention and mental flexibility, and enhance your processing speed and problem solving skills. This app is available for Android and iOS devices and comes in both free and premium versions.
- Fits Brain Trainer. This app provides games and exercises designed to enhance your memory, concentration, brain speed and visual-spatial recognition skills. According to its developers, the app can help you increase your short-term memory by as much as 40% in less than three weeks. Fits Brain is available for free on Android and iOS devices.
- Eidetic. Unlike other brain training apps, Eidetic focuses solely on improving the user’s memory. This app uses a flash card approach to help you memorize a wide variety of things that have a meaning or context in your life – from lists to phone and bank account numbers and everything else in between. Eidetic utilizes the “spacing effect” to make sure you retain important information in your long-term memory and sends notifications to remind you when it is time for you to test yourself. This fee app is only available for iOS devices.
- Happify. If you are looking for a tool that can help you conquer negative thoughts, cope up with stress, and show more empathy, then this is the perfect app for you. Happify provides a wealth of science-based activities, games and quizzes that can help you create life-changing habits necessary for a happier and more fulfilling life. This app is available for iOS devices in both free and premium versions.
- ReliefLink. While it was originally designed for suicide prevention, this app can also be used to track your moods and thoughts, and everything related to your mental health. It also provides unique coping methods such as voice-recorded relaxation exercises and relaxing music, and comes with a map locator to help you find hospitals, mental health treatment facilities and support groups nearest you. This app is available for free and is compatible with iOS devices.