AT&T Announces Enhancements to AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless(SM)
Parents Now Able to Block Twice the Number of Unwanted Calls and Texts
DALLAS, May 2, 2011
DALLAS, May 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — AT&T* today announced the addition of two new enhancements to AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless, bringing an increased level of parental control to two of the service's most popular features. Compatible with AT&T's quick messaging and feature phones such as the HTC Freestyle™ and LG Neon™ II – especially popular amongst teens – the enhancements provide adults with even more control over their child's mobile phone experience, and complement AT&T's broader suite of safety and management tools provided through AT&T Smart Controls.
New updates include:
- Increase in Blocked Numbers: Block more numbers than ever before. Parents can now block up to 30 numbers, twice the previous number, to prevent unwanted or harassing calls and text messages on their child's phone. The feature extends to both incoming and outgoing calls and text messages and can be modified at any time.
- Additional Cost Controls: Add 411 calls to a restricted list of numbers. To help parents better manage call and download activity, AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless provides cost control tools to limit or restrict download purchases and calls – now including calls made to 411.
As one of AT&T's leading services for parents, AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless provides additional peace of mind and control when managing a child's wireless experience.
In addition to the above, service features include:
- Establish times of day the phone can be used for mobile Web browsing, messaging and outbound calls.
- Filter access to Internet content that is inappropriate for children.
- Define the number of text and instant messages allowed.
- Determine the amount of Web browsing usage allowed per billing cycle.
- Limit downloadable purchases such as ringtones, games, graphics and other content to a certain dollar amount.
AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless is available for $4.99 a month per line to AT&T consumers who subscribe to a postpaid wireless rate plan. To learn more, visit AT&T Smart Controls — an all-in-one online destination dedicated to giving AT&T customers more control over their wireless, TV, Internet and home phone experience.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
Internet access is required to manage your account settings. Some Smart Limit features do not work with certain phones or services. Other restrictions and limitations apply. See http://www.att.com/smartlimitsforwireless for complete details.
Go to att.com/wirelesssmartlimitsterms to view AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless Terms.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T |DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.Facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.