Academy? Award and Grammy? Award-Winner Jamie Foxx Celebrates Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial on his SiriusXM Foxxhole Channel
Live coverage all week from Washington, DC offers millions of listeners across country front row coverage of historic event
NEW YORK, Aug. 25, 2011
NEW YORK, Aug. 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) announced today that Academy Award?-winning actor and Grammy?-winning artist Jamie Foxx is taking his SiriusXM channel The Foxxhole to Washington, DC to broadcast live from the Dedication of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial and surrounding events throughout the week.
(Logo: ?http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20101014/NY82093LOGO )
"I am honored to witness history as the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial takes its rightful place in our nation's capitol," said Jamie Foxx. "Dr. King's dreams and actions continue to impact and influence people of all races and ages. The Foxxhole on SiriusXM is very pleased as part of this special moment to bring the spirit of Dr. King to the next generation and to millions of listeners nationwide."
"From the Democratic Convention to the Inauguration to this week's historic dedication of the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial, Jamie Foxx is bringing his SiriusXM's channel's unique voice to the nation's biggest events," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. "The Foxxhole's coverage of this extraordinary event will engage listeners across the country and connect them to this moment in history forever."
The unveiling ceremony takes place on Sunday, August 28, 2011, what would have been the 48th anniversary of Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech and The March on Washington.
The Foxxhole (ch. 98) is Jamie Foxx's exclusive, uncensored 24/7 SiriusXM channel. Foxx serves as executive producer and hosts a live, weekly show.
Live coverage kicked off Wednesday, August 24 from SiriusXM's Foxxhole studio in Washington, DC. Highlights of the week include:
- Foxxhole personalities will report live from official MLK National Memorial events/key gatherings around Washington, DC.?Throughout the week, noteworthy guests will lend their voice to the tribute, reflecting on Dr. King's legacy and more.
- Foxxhole host Zo Williams will broadcast live from the Washington Convention Center on Thursday, August 25 beginning at 9:00 pm ET.
- Jamie Foxx will host a special edition of his live, weekly show from SiriusXM's Washington, DC performance studio in front of a lucky audience of subscribers. Foxx and his Foxxhole crew will welcome a wide range of guests from the worlds of music/entertainment and politics as well as community leaders. The Jamie Foxx Show will air on Friday, August 26 beginning at 4:00 pm ET.
- Live broadcast of the Dream Gala, the official celebration of the completion of the memorial, featuring donors, dignitaries and honored supporters at the Washington Convention Center will air on Saturday, August 27 from 7:00 ? 10:00 pm ET.
- Jamie Foxx will anchor all-day coverage of the dedication ceremony on-site at the memorial, joined by Foxxhole personalities Brandi Magee and Lewis Dix. The tributes delivered by President Obama and other key speakers will air live on the channel as they are being delivered. The Foxxhole's live coverage from the Dedication of the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial will air on Sunday, August 28 from 10:00 am ? 3:00 pm ET, offering listeners nationwide an all-access pass to the people, spirit, emotion, sights, sounds and historical significance of the day.
Visit www.siriusxm.com/thefoxxhole and www.dedicatethedream.org for more information.
About Sirius XM Radio
Sirius XM Radio is America's satellite radio company.? SiriusXM broadcasts more than 135 satellite radio channels of commercial-free music, and premier sports, news, talk, entertainment, traffic, weather, and data services to over 21 million subscribers. SiriusXM offers an array of content from many of the biggest names in entertainment, as well as from professional sports leagues, major colleges, and national news and talk providers.
SiriusXM programming is available on more than 800 devices, including pre-installed and after-market radios in cars, trucks, boats and aircraft, smartphones and mobile devices, and consumer electronics products for homes and offices. SiriusXM programming is also available at siriusxm.com, and on Apple, BlackBerry and Android-powered mobile devices.
SiriusXM has arrangements with every major automaker and its radio products are available for sale at shop.siriusxm.com as well as retail locations nationwide.
This communication contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.? Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about future financial and operating results, our plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "intend," "plan,"? "projection," "outlook" or words of similar meaning.? Such forward-looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of our management and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond our control.? Actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements.?
The following factors, among others, could cause actual results to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the forward-looking statement:? our competitive position versus other forms of audio and video entertainment; our ability to retain subscribers and maintain our average monthly revenue per subscriber; ?our dependence upon automakers and other third parties; our substantial indebtedness; and the useful life of our satellites, which, in most cases, are not insured.? Additional factors that could cause our results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010, which is filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and available at the SEC's Internet site (http://www.sec.gov).? The information set forth herein speaks only as of the date hereof, and we disclaim any intention or obligation to update any forward looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date of this communication.
Follow SiriusXM on Twitter or like the SiriusXM page on Facebook.
Contact for SiriusXM:
Contact for The Foxxhole:
SOURCE Sirius XM Radio