How can you get the most from your mobile recruiting strategy? Consider these tips.
Today’s job candidates are relying more and more on their smartphones to keep up with the latest job openings in the market. In fact, one study indicates that about 77% of job seekers use mobile job search apps to find and apply to the jobs they want.
Why Do Job Seekers Use a Job Search App?
Most people, including millenials and tech professionals, prefer to use a job search app for a number of reasons. Here are some of them.
- It gives them the ability to quickly react to new job postings (36.27%).
- It allows them to do their job search anytime, anywhere (23.79%).
- It allows them to search for jobs in a more discreet manner (17.65%).
In addition to these benefits, most users agree that it provides a better application experience and offers significant time savings as compared to the traditional job application method.
Tips to Improve Your Mobile Recruiting Strategy
As a result of this growing trend, most businesses are frantically trying to improve their mobile recruiting strategies to draw in the top talents. Here are some tips to make it work for your business.
- Use keyword filter to weed out irrelevant applications. As a general rule, you should never rely on the apps’ algorithms to separate the good from the bad. Apply keyword filters to your mobile applicant tracking systems (ATS) to automatically filter irrelevant applications so you can concentrate on assessing those that meet the qualifications.
- Take it for a test drive. You need to take your mobile application system for a test drive to know how your applicants feel as they go through the process. Be on the lookout for any gaps and/or issues that might affect or ruin your mobile recruiting strategy.
- Rely on your intuition. After finding the best candidates for the job, analyze the applicants’ suitability for the job by reading their cover letters, resumes and social profiles. Your intuition will tell you who the best candidate really is.