Let’s be honest: Air travel, for the most part, stinks. Long lines at check-in counters, slow moving security gates, confusing terminals, flight delays, and inclement weather all make for a discombobulating and depressing travel experience.
But what if it were more like this:
1. While riding to the airport in your Uber car you get a mobile notification predicting delays in traffic (based on past patterns of day/hour of traffic).
2. As you get closer to the airport you get another notification on the nearest drop-off station for your luggage.
3. As you get out of the car (remember payments are automatic while riding Uber) a valet offers to drop off your bags at the bag-drop location.
4. As you enter the airport you get a mobile notification on where your gate is, and the nearest security gate with the shortest wait time.
5. You zip through security (no need to take off shoes/belts).
6. Once inside the terminal you get another push notification with a coupon for a cappuccino at Starbucks (the airport knows you’re a coffee lover).
Read more at FORBES